Peapod - Missing items don't compare- delivered an unsecured bleach product that left bleach stain on carpet!

Pictures below are of "fresh green bananas", an $8 bouquet of dead and broken flowers and bleach stains on my carpet.New Peapod user and had the same complaint as most; always a missing item or two in every order.

During extremely cold weather our groceries arrived frozen which meant black bananas and bad produce. But the worst incident was a bottle of bleach that the driver sat down on my carpet in a plastic bag. Smelled bleach immediately and went searching. Bleach made two crescent moon marks on carpet and drips where he carried it in.

Went through ahold. The level of rudeness was unbelievable. I'm a tenant. Ahold accused ME of trying to "get some money and profit" from the incident.

My landlord was aware and I NEVER was keeping the money. When I leave here I am responsible. Ahold denied the claim, passed it onto the bleach bottle manufacturer. They were nice UNTIL it came down to $$$.

Andrea from Kik Corp told me, "as a good will offer only" they would give me $200 or a kit that I could use to dye the carpet myself????When I told her it was up to my landlord she actually said to me, " just because we are a big corporation doesn't mean you're going to profit from us." Their attitude is disgusting.

This review is a subjective opinion of a user.
Report Comment Private message author

More Review Details

Reason of review:
Damaged or defective
Preferred solution:
Replace the damn carpet and apologize for being unprofessional
Monetary loss:
Product or service
Review category
review #607753 by

Author wants to be contacted by the company. Learn more

Had an experience with Peapod? Submit review ›
Helpful? 5 Yes 5 1 No 1
Had the same issue 0 Yes 0
Comment as anonymous As anonymous or Log in
OR Is it your business? Respond to your
customers as verified company representative.
Apply for a Free Plan

Post a comment to start a discussion.

Great comment! Would you like to convert it into review?

You will be able to edit the text before publishing.

× You are about to contact

Review submitted through "Contact Us" will not get published on the site or forwarded to Peapod. However, many companies do monitor reviews on our site.

You were reading a complaint about Peapod.
Filing a new complaint about